This morning began with the sun in the east and a solid rain overhead. I love mornings like this! I just wish I could stay in bed and listen to the rain falling through the trees.
So I have to say that I'm feeling more and more happy about our new house. Painting the living room and dining room has had a huge impact on the house... well the bottom floor anyway. It's FINALLY starting to look like ours! As much as that level of focus on our house was unsustainable, it's amazing how great it feels go get something done! The next room to focus on is the kitchen and then other than the sunroom (and it's constant drama!) and the hallway, the main floor will be done!
But the thing is, we're pretty much booked up for the summer, so anything we do will have to be done on the weekdays. Huh... Like that's achievable! We are off to a music festival this weekend, then camping with Thom's siblings the following weekend. The weekend after that we are actually here, then to the cottage and then on our long awaited canoe trip in Algonquin.
Thom and I have been planning this trip for years and years and years. It's the Dickson - Lavieille Lake loop. 85km over five days and lots of portages apparently. It also has one of the longest (if not the longest) portage in the park - 5km. Should be fun. What appeals to us most about this trip is that it's pretty much in the centre of the park. We're so looking forward to it!
And then we're pretty much into Labour Day weekend. My the summers go fast, no?
News on the family front. My mom has recently moved provinces to an even more remote location. The pictures she sends back are amazing! Good thing I set up that Flickr site for her! And finally, she went PRO! She needs to. She just bought herself a Sony A350.
Our relationship is getting better, so I'm making good on that one goal I set for myself back in April at the retreat I went to. It's important to me to have a good relationship with her... but it is going to take a while. I'm guarded, you know?
I'm also making good on another goal... losing weight. I'm down to 168.6lbs (according to the scale this morning). I need to be at 167lbs by the middle of August, and then 162lbs by October if I'm reaching 157lbs by Christmas. I do need to focus though...
OOooh ooh, Canada Post just dropped off my book club books! Yes... before 7:30am!! I love parcels! :)
Next we're reading The Year of Living Biblically - about a guy who decides to live BY THE BIBLE for a year. Sounds interesting! And then sometime in the next few months we'll read Water for Elephants and The Memory Keeper's Daughter.
Book club has been going well. We're up to 18 people though, and that's a little huge. Last week only half of that showed up and that was fine with me. I started this book club with a group of 8-10 in mind and then other people just kept inviting others!!!! I guess I can't control everyone, but sheesh! How many people can host 18 people in their house?!?!
I know that realistically, some people will just drop out... but I wish people would think before they invited others... but I guess that's just me.
Alright, off to work for me! Have a good one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
ah, if only we could get more to our bookclub! we're having trouble getting our four to show up consistently. i'd love to hear your thoughts on the books, i read water for elephants and memory keeper's daughter...
I really enjoyed the Year of Living Biblically.
I hear you on the summer going fast.
Living biblically? Just imagine: raping, killing, incest, washing feet, eating bread. But, can he turn water into wine?
I was running tonight (in the pouring rain) and ran by The Boy's school. Outside of the school is a sign. One side said Have a Safe Summmer and the other side said, School Starts Sep 2nd! Ummmm, thats 5 weeks or so away? What summer?
If you come by Haliburton I will buy you an ice cream!
ZD: First we read My Sister's Keeper and second we read Middlesex. I found neither to be the most amazing book, but decent reading. Middlesex took a bit to get into, but the last 100 pages were pretty good.
I'll be sure to post my thoughts about both of those books. The way things are shaping up (I'm such a nerd... I created a spreadsheet to track what people are voting for the Sept-Oct book), we'll be reading those books this fall.
R42K: Glad to hear that you enjoyed it. I heard it's pretty good. After our other two books, a book to laugh with will be good.
ZF: Oooh, I don't know about that water into wine thing. I do know that he threw pebbles at adulterers...
Spikey: Those schools certainly know how to torture children, don't they! No can do on taking you up on the ice cream... too bad! You going to go into Minden to the Kawartha Dairy? YUM!!!
Post a Comment