
Well, we put an offer in on a house last night after three viewings... stayed up until 12:30 to hear the news... amended it today at lunch to increase our offer and deposit... and didn't get it.
Honestly? I feel relief more than anything.
Sure it's a bit of a disappointment, but... that's OK. The right place will find us.
I'm not quite sure why I was so strung out on Monday night, but it was just a bunch of things all mashed together and I was having such a hard time finding out which way was up!
The past 48 hours have really been hard. I've wanted to puke. I've wanted to cry. Above all else, I've wanted to sleep. It wasn't one thing in particular, just all of it at once. Work. House. Fatigue. All of it.
But now we've been through the house gauntlet once and we know what to expect. And now that the week is nearing it's end, I know that next week's meeting will be what it is and that's all we can do about that.
It's all about being philosophical.

3 comments:
"The right place will find us." That is my theory exactly. Buying a house should be fun, but it never is, sadly. Good luck.
We backed out on our first house.. just didn't feel right... Glad we did as we have the right place now. Baby steps.
Buying a house is acknowledged as one of the most stressful things you will ever do in your life. You seem to be handling it very well!
Post a Comment