
It has been quite the week. I'm quite pleased that it is over.
Essentially I went to a sporting event last weekend with J and some friends. It was a good time. Lots of drinks (!!) and lots and lots and lots of laughs. I laughed so hard on Saturday night that my stomach hurt on Sunday. Those kinds of laughs do the body and soul good. Especially after the week I had.
Then I went to the meeting that I helped plan. It was held at a pretty cool venue. I was able to go for nice walks and even a snowshoe. I hate snowshoeing, but I went anyway. Froze my ass off. BUT, it was good. Someday, I might even use the snowshoes that J got me 6 years ago.
So, the meeting was a long'un but a good'un. I'm super happy that it's done with. Without getting into too much detail, I learned a lot.
I learned that we, as a society, have to start treating each other fairly and equally. I learned that what works for one person does not work for another. I learned that trust, respect and friendship will get you a long way. I learned that understanding one another is essentially what we need to do.
Sure, it seems like straight forward stuff, but sometimes it's this kind of stuff that warrants repeating often. It's only through understanding that we will be able to remedy the problems we see around us.

2 comments:
Ha! I was all, "Maia? Who the heck is Maia who just posted such nice comments on my blog?" Anyways, howdy do and a belated welcome back to blogland. By the way, your pretty pictures that you post straight from flickr might partly be how people keep finding your blog.
well, that week is over but there's a new one that just started, in case you missed it. hope this one is better.
Post a Comment