Sunday, March 1, 2009

To mac or not to mac?

Hey folks,

I know a bunch of you are totally keen on one computer type or another, so I wanted to get your input on whether we should buy a Mac for our new computer. This one is on it's way out (currently running on 256 RAM) and we just want to make the decision that is right for us.

Here is what we would use it for:

- photo editing
- internet (Flickr, Facebook, email, etc)
- moderate word processing and use of spreadsheets
- music and video download and storage

Any input would be wonderful because we need to update this puppy pronto!

1 comment:

inkandpen said...

I love my mac, but it's for experiential, not performance, reasons. I love *using* my mac, it is fast and intuitive and easy. It removes the burden of being the top geek in the room, because it doesn't need that kind of expertise. And when something goes wrong, the mac tech folks have never been anything but helpful and respectful, which has not been the case with my PC support experiences. That said, my husband loves my mac and just bought a new Dell laptop, because he wanted something smaller and cheaper than mac provides.