Saturday, March 8, 2008

Shaking

I'm shaking with anger and adrenaline right now.

My asshole neighbour just confronted me in the hallway and told me that if he wants to have sex with his 'old lady' that he should damnwell not need to apologise for it.

While this may be true, he damnwell should answer for something coming through those walls.

Last night after spending the entire afternoon and evening working on the house, J and I were really tired and crashed into bed. Around 1:00am a pounding came through the walls and I thought it was yet another occurrence of my neighbour being an asshole. Well, apparently this noise was sex...

On a weekly basis we hear the following come through the walls:

__"Shut up you fucking bitch"
__"You're a stupid fucking c***"
__"Shut the fuck up"
__"I want my money back you cocksucker"
__...etc, etc.

I'm sure you get the idea. My neighbour also likes to have gatherings of loud men that last well into the early hours of morning. Last night I wasn't about to let any noise, coming through the walls, slide.

So anyhow I was confronted this morning on my way to the car and he said, "I know these walls are paper thin, but we all need to live together".

Sure, asshole... for another three weeks.

I really should have said, "Do you hear us through the walls? Have we ever bothered you with our music or discussion or gatherings". I'm sure the answer would have been no, because we're aware of this kind of thing. I also should have confronted him with "I'd rather not hear (insert assholish thing here) through the walls and maybe you could keep it down".

Then again, I might have ended up with a black eye... He has a real knack with women.

3 comments:

zydeco fish said...

Crazy. I hope the next three weeks pass quickly. He sounds like a total jerk.

running42k said...

What a class act. Only a few more weeks, then I hope you have some great neighbours.

Maia said...

Well, let's just say that last week's snowfall was nicely cleaned off our sidewalk and driveway by our neighbour... I'd say that's pretty nice!

Yep, only 2.5 weeks to go now...

Can't wait!