Wow... what a week it has been!
A few things have changed at the house in the past week, and it's really great to see some progress!! We are now very much in the rebuilding of the bathroom phase and today the drywall is going up!! YAY!
On Monday and Tuesday, the tile is going in! YAY!
And the electrician we hired to rewire the house (it had very old wiring and even some knob and tube!) was able to rewire the diningroom light without destroying the nice plaster ceiling! YAY! And the front hall light. YAY!
99% of the wallpaper has been stripped. YAY!
On top of all that, we get our appliances this week, the hardwood gets refinished next week and the first quote we got for redoing the roof over the sunroom was quite a bit lower than we thought. Triple YAY!
Things are going quite well, knock on wood, and I'm looking forward to finally moving in! Only two weeks to go...
Then it will be all about fixing some cracks in the plaster walls, painting and setting up shop. Then maybe, just maybe, we can buy some adult furniture! I can't wait!
And by adult furniture I don't mean chunky wood with leather straps or anything, but stuff that can't be broken down into little pieces to facilitate moving all over the province... Just wanted to clarify! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
YAY!
"Adult furniture" cracked me up. But, it made me think of furniture that is opposed to Ikea's Early Modern Student look.
i am so there with you! we moved in on friday, right after the floors were refinished and the appliances showed up. now, there is still a ton to do, and the bathroom is zooming to the top of the list, but we are there!
so happy for you!
When are you sleeping?
ZF: I'm glad I 'cracked you up'. I try! :) And yes, your interpretation of adult furniture is correct. We'd really like to get rid of the IKEA Ivar stuff we have all over the house and go for something a little more established... You know? Something that's still functional, but a little less starving student.
ZD: Glad to hear that you two are in! Yeah, it's going to be great when we move in.
R42: Ha... right... sleep. What's that?
Post a Comment