Sunday, June 28, 2009

Alone, but not in a bad way

I've had the weekend to myself this weekend. It has been nice.

- I rented two girly movies - New In Town and Baby Mama. Neither were fabulous but they filled up the evenings suitably. They each had some laughs.
- I went strawberry picking
- I read my book club book (I Know This Much Is True)
- I had lunch with a friend
- I watched some TV
- I read my book club book
- I raised my feet to reduce the swelling - it's dang uncomfortable...
- I made refried beans (good food for the freezer come baby time)
- I had tea/lunch with friends (complete with sticky toffee pudding - yum! but now I feel a little sick... boo)
- I finished my book club book

It has been nice to have my weekend to myself. Thom is at the cottage working on a 'project' with my dad. It needed to be done and we figured that if it wasn't this weekend, it probably wouldn't happen for another few months.

We had our home visit with our midwife on Friday. We're all set (fingers crossed) for a home birth. Now the waiting really begins. I'm full term (37 weeks and counting) and if everything goes as planned a home birth is doable. I was worried that I wouldn't make it to 37 weeks, but I did. The last thing I want right now is to not have a home birth. BUT, if it's a safety thing, obviously I'll make the right decision.

I just found out that I was 6lbs 4oz at birth. T.I.N.Y! Are any full term babies that small anymore? Have nutrition and guidance to avoid smoking during pregnancy really had that much of an effect? Apparently! I guess we'll see how big this beasty is! I'm officially up 3lbs. Yowza! CAN YOU SAY RETAINING WATER?!?!?!

It's raining right now and I'm loving the break from the heat. This heat has been killing me and I'm glad the garden is getting a drink.

2 comments:

inkandpen said...

SO so excited for you. I hope you stay strong and healthy and get the birth you're after... I'll be thinking of you these next couple weeks! You'll probably be too pooped, but do have your sweetie post when the baby comes so we know to celebrate!

zydeco fish said...

The waiting is killing me :-)