Monday, December 8, 2008

A poor me post


Well, I'm home sick today. Lame! My nose is filled up, but continues to run (yeah, I know... far more information than you wanted), I can't hear a damn thing, I have no appetite and every time I cough, my lungs burn... and continue to burn for a while afterwards. Ugh.

Regardless of all this, this past weekend we had a nice get together of friends, in early celebration of my 31st. We had a nice pot luck and then played a bunch of games. It was nice. I had slept for 3 hours in the afternoon just to get ready for it. Yesterday I felt better, but still slept in the aft. I hate feeling like this. Completely useless.

So in addition to feeling like crap, I've been having a hard time trying to get into the festive spirit. I'm really not in the mood. Even the dump of snow we got on Saturday and Sunday has done nothing to make me feel festive. :( I just don't care about getting gifts for people. I really don't. Go out and buy your own presents. Maybe writing holiday cards today will help.

We decided to do an exchange with my dad and stepmom this year, so that lessens the stress a bit. But we're filling stockings, so we need to be creative! I've already got a few things for my stepmom, so at least I've started. But now the nieces! And the grandmas (who never want anything anyway..)! I just find it a little too much this year, and I don't know why. I know I'll end up doing all my shopping on one day, and that's fine with me. It'll probably be the weekend before Christmas too... a real treat for me and the billion other shoppers out there.

But all in all, I am looking forward to spending some time with family and friends. Actually, I forgot to mention that my good friend L (who is currently in England) is moving back to Ontario, so that's nice! She'll only be about 3 hours from where I live. I'm looking very forward to having her near, again.

And I am looking very forward to seeing Metric (or to hear their latest tune...)this weekend. I haven't seen any live music in a while, so that'll be fabulous. PLUS, we got a great deal and are staying at the Sheraton Centre for under $100! We're going to make an evening out of it! I think we'll do a little shopping downtown as well, and kill two birds with one stone. I just hope I feel better for the concert!

Funny thing... this post has made me feel better. Strange how writing how crappy I feel can actually make me feel good. I think I might reward myself by watching a DLed Queer as Folk episode.. yay me!

1 comment:

San said...

I am sorry you're sick, K. Keep warm, light some candles and drink some tea. Maybe that will get you in the festive mood a little ;)