Monday, October 27, 2008

awkward

I'm not sure why, but I'm feeling awkward about the Facebook 'friend request' I just received. It's from my high school boyfriend. It's not like I have any hidden feelings (jesus... that was 12 years ago!!), but I felt this weird pang when I saw his pic. Maybe cuz he was my first.

Oh Facebook... making the world a better place...

Addendum: Oh my... he now has three kids. Isn't that weird when someone at the same point in life has a completely different life? Huh. Another interesting reminder: His spelling is BRUTAL! It's just as bad as I remember it.

It's so interesting going down memory lane. Kind of a queasy lane, though.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like facebook for exactly that reason :)

Anonymous said...

Add me!

Maia said...

Kim: Why, because it throws you all sorts of weird stuff?

Spikey: Dude, you've been added for about a year now! Get with the program!

zydeco fish said...

That has yet to happen to me. I keep hoping, but, so far, I am disappointed. :-(

inkandpen said...

Just think-- it could have been you poppin out those kids. Whew!

(I mean, kids are great, but 3 by the end of your twenties? Yikes! That would have made grad school a bit tougher, eh?)

Maia said...

ZF: I'm sure you do. The funny part is, he went to the same high school as you, so perhaps it's a local yokel thing...

I&P: Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. NO NO NO! No kids for me, thank yuh very much. And yeah, grad school would have been much tougher.