
DEHYDRATED! At the back is a good sized moose roast made into two baggies worth of jerky. A small head of broccoli, one medium carrot and three mushrooms (to be put in a pasta sauce - soon to be dehydrated as well). Homemade refried beans to be made into burritos in the middle of Algonquin Park!
It all started innocently enough. We're planning to do a 5 day canoe trip in two weeks and I thought I should find ways to lessen the weight of our food pack...
I'm having lots of fun with the food dehydrator, though. Probably too much fun... this could get addictive.
Now pardon me while I scan my fridge and cupboards for more things to dehydrate...

4 comments:
Good luck with that dehydrator. Maybe you can find some dead animals to mummify.
How does the re-hydration come out?
I hope the rehydration goes well... because contrary to the way I usually do things, I haven't tried this out.
What I've read online is that everything I've dehydrated, rehydrates well... so I'm hoping!
So, no Doritos, Coke, marshmallows...?
Post a Comment